Specialty Dwelling

Providing coverage for your Auto, Home,
Condo, Renters, Landlord, Boat, Cycle, RV
Umbrella, Personal Articles

Landlord Protection

As a landlord you have special needs for an insurance policy.  First and foremost you want to make sure to have the home insured properly so that if you do need to file a claim, we can mediate the damage quickly to get your renter back in the home sooner than later.  Not having the home habitable and rented out means no income for you.  Our landlord policies provide for "loss of rents" coverage due to a covered loss.  There is also a small amount of coverage for your own belongings that you may have at the rental unit.  Liability is certainly on every landlord policy and we highly advise you to get an Umbrella policy to be on the safe side. 

There is no necessity on your part but we do advise you up front and on subsequent communications, it is also in your best interest to make certain that the renter carries a renters insurance policy to protect their belongings as well as their own liability.  Having this conversation up front greatly avoids any misinterpretation regarding what is covered for the renter and what is not.  Your landlord policy has zero coverage for the renter whether their belongings or their liability.

Vacant Properties

Have a vacant property and having a hard time finding coverage?  Not a problem, we have a number of carriers designed to offer policies specifically for vacant or unoccupied homes.  If a family member passes on or moves into a retirement community we can help get coverage where a typical homeowners policy will cancel or restrict certain coverage's after a period of time.  Program highlights include but are not limited to:

  • Occupancy - vacant or unoccupied qualify even if under renovation
  • Age of home - all are acceptable
  • Policy terms - 3, 6 or 12-month policies are available. 
  • Value - up to $300,000 insured value are acceptable.

Be sure to call and ask if you have special questions regarding your vacant but some Underwriting highlights include:

  • Electrical - fuses and circuits are acceptable with at least 100amp service.
  • Prior lapse - still may qualify based on certain criteria.
  • Prior losses - multiple minor losses may still qualify for coverage.

Our Communities

Since 1922, we have proudly insured and protected the families and business's of Royersford, Limerick, Spring City, Phoenixville, Collegeville, Schwenksville, Pottstown, Skippack, Harleysville, Souderton, Lansdale, North Wales, Chalfont, New Britain, Norristown, King of Prussia, Blue Bell and our surrounding communities.